I had my OB appt. today and here is the scoop: This baby is BiG! He weighs 4 lbs 12 oz.! Almost 5 lbs!! (Doctors words, "Wow, he is a chunker.") That is almost the size of a newborn! They say from week 33 to delivery,the baby almost doubles in size! I hope I don't have a TEN pound baby!..She (My Dr.) said everything looked good and he is head down, so that is good since I plan on having a VBAC. She also gave me the consent form for VBAC's and I am feeling a little..or actually a lot nervous about it. There are some scarry things that can happen. I had been looking into it the past couple weeks and had been feeling some anxiety over it..but now my anxiety level has moved up a notch. I go back in 2 weeks and we are going to talk about it extensively then. I really don't know how I plan on having this baby now?!..Lots to think about..
A picture and pregnancy fact of week 33 I found on the internet..
Week 33 of Pregnancy
Third-trimester insomnia strikes more than 75 percent of pregnant women — very tired pregnant women.
Well, amen to that! I can't sleep a wink lately!
A lot of it due to me getting up 5 times a night to visit the restroom, my back that has been constantly pinching, and the feeling of wanting to puke when I lay down! Anything I have eaten prior to going to bed just doesn't have anywhere to go and I feel like it all wants to come right back up! sounds fun, huh! :) I forgot how wonderful the third trimester is :) Despite the hard parts, pregnancy is such a miraculous thing to experience and I am sooo grateful I get to and I am enjoying every moment of it, I know I won't being doing it again for a LONG time. ;)
Week 33 of Pregnancy
Third-trimester insomnia strikes more than 75 percent of pregnant women — very tired pregnant women.
Well, amen to that! I can't sleep a wink lately!
16 comments:
Meg, I went for my 32 week appt. two weeks ago, and Kadence already weighs 5 lbs! I was freaked out when the dr. told us that, because I weighed 5 lbs. 4 oz. when I was born!! I've heard that the dr. is just guessing based on the size of the babies tummy, and most of the time they aren't really that big when born, here's hoping!! I'm not sleeping too much either, I toss and turn all night. Only 6 more weeks, hopefully like 4 though. =)
I just found your blog from Kati and Barrys blog I hope you don't mind me looking. I went to school with your hubby and my hubby is friends with yours. Okay this is weird but I have never looked at your blog until today and I think it was the best time for me to look. I was in the same boat as you are in now. I too had a choice for a VBAC and I was excited I wanted to experience and not do a c-section again. When I was 38 weeks I started to read up on it a little more and got really scared. I was worried maybe something did go wrong would it really be worth it. So my next doctors appointment I told him my worries he said it is very rare for things to go wrong but it could happen. But he also reminded me stuff can also go wrong with a c-section so it really was 50/50. I just for some reason felt better with the c-section and I am so glad I went with that decision I got to schedule when I wanted to have my little girl and I healed so much faster with my second c-section. I was up and walking to the nursery to go and get my little girl the next day. I know I probably did not help you out at all on your decision but I just thought I would let you know the second c-section was not as bad as the first. Tell Dallin Hi and you guys have the cutest little family. If you have any questions for me let me know. Sarah Cox
Meg! I TOTALLY believe in you! VBAC would be so scary to even think about, but you are one strong girl! It will all work out and Heavenly Father will have everything fall into place as it should :) I love you!!!!!
This is sooooo exciting!
I've delivered lots of VBAC's and they have all turned out great, so don't worry. I'm excited for you. Good luck!
Hi cute Megan, your blog is so fun! It is so great to be able to keep in touch. Call me stupid, but what is VBAC? Love ya, Tanya
Megz, I love the comment, "wow, he is a chucker!" Seriously, I was laughing my head off....so great! Better fat and healthy than thin and not...right! Megz, I'm sorry you haven't been feeling too well. That is no fun at all...man, it doesn't make me too excited for the 3rd trimester! :) hehe Anyway, try not to worry too much, your doctor knows what she is doing, and she'll take care of you no matter what! Love ya sis
Wow that is a big baby!! Good luck i'm sure you will do great my sister in law who just had the 9 pound baby is tiny and it all worked out ok for her so i'm sure you will do great!!
You will do fine. I am sure it will be hard but I know you can do it. We missed you guys last night I made a killer dinner.
Sounds wonderful and exhausting all at once. Glad to hear everything is going well!
Yea! You are getting so close! I really hope your baby isn't 10 pounds either! :) Naw, they always say mine are chunkers by that point too, but they only ever gain a couple of more pounds. Sorry about the lack of sleep. I remember it all too well myself! But you are amazing and when you get your little guy here it will all be worth it!
Luv ya!
Hey! Yes, Friday would be great for me, I'll ask Alexis if it's good for her. Where do you want to go???
Hey Meg! Yes you can still get tickets. Just get on kinsburys website! I am sorry your not feeling well. Sooner then later he will be here!my mother in law says your little boy is so atinking cute! She is in the nursery now. Anyways girl have a good day!
Hey I'm tagging you. Check it out on my blog!
Big babies are healthy babies!! Breckan was almost nine pounds! I felt like he was a newborn for only about a week cause he grew so fast! I'm so sorry your sick again! It is so hard when you've got a two year old wanting all your attention and all you want to do is sleep!!
So cute!!! I can't believe that you are this far already! Hang in there, you're almost done! Aiva and I have missed you these last two weeks! No more sick kids!!!
:(
Holy talito girl....you have lots of friends that comment! I haven't talked to you forever....let alone gotten on your blog! That is CRAZY that baby boy is growing so BIG! No worries everything will go perfectly....think possitive! Hang in there! Love ya girl! Love ya Dal!
Post a Comment