
I was a sophomore at Bonneville High School and my mom was taking me to school when we heard on the radio that a commercial plane crashed into one of the World Trade Centers. I asked my mom what that meant, and she didn't say anything, just continued to listen and try to understand as the news anchor tried to assume something faulty with the airplane and it was a horrible mistake and a couple minutes later, we heard there was a second plane coming and it crashing into the other World Trade Center. That is when the world knew it was terrorists. I got out of the car and ran into school to see a lot of shocked people. I went to my first class and we watched the news the whole time just like every other class that day. I watched in horror as they kept replaying what had happened and people jumping out of 50 stories or more just to escape the inferno that was going on inside. We watched as the lucky ones ran out of the building and then the brave ones running inside to save anyone they could reach. We will always remember that day and honor our heroes and the ones that are still risking their lives today because of that awful day seven years ago. Where were you?..
8 comments:
thanks for sharing, this day is always so sad for me, especially when the radio stations play the songs about 911 and people telling about their experiences. I was a senior in high school and found out about the attack in english class. I still remember that day like it was yesterday. It was so sureal, and it still is.
I am pretty sure we had the same class it was mrs. Minor history or something like that i remember it very clearly to watching it over and over and over and I went home sick that day after seminary and layed in my parents room with my dad watching it over and over so sad!! I will always remember that day!!
Wasn't that so crazy?! I watched this huge documentary last night on TV and had to turn it cause it made me feel sick. I was in high school too and a kid ran up to me and said 'A plane just crashed into the world trade center, cool huh?' Don't worry, he is a complete idiot!!
Your tag below is so cute! I love reading your blog!
Where was I, it is very similar to your day. Except I thought it was a little plane that crashed into the building, but when I got to school I heard it was a commercial plane, and then I saw the second plane come and run into the world trade center. It was a crazy day! We are truly blessed with freedom!
My mom called me and told me what had happend and told me to turn on the new. Just as I turned on the news I watched the second plane crash into the building. I had to leave soon after to go to my first class as I arrived to my first class the teacher canceled class and told us to all go home and pray for those who need strength and those you need comfort and for those who need courage. It was a really strange and upsetting day and it was 2 days before my birthday. I then found out that my cousin was there and had witness a lot of terrible things and my heart just hurt for her.
Ohhhh... I love spa gift certificates! Everyone is really good, but I would say ask for Stacey. She is the only one I have had a facial from, she does my eyebrows too. She is the manager of the esthetics department. She's around our age, 20 weeks prego, and way fun! By the way, I got your comment about the pink and white headbands, do you still want them??
I remember I was at school and I was at my locker and I just remember hearing people in the halls talking about it... It was crazy cause I didn't think a thing like that would happen. Then I remember just going to class and we watched it every period.
MEGAN!!! What the heck! How are you doing? I can't believe you have a toddler and a baby on the way! Your family is beautiful! Seriously these 3 years have flown bye! It is so crazy! We should definetly do lunch sometime! I am in N. Layton now, I just moved from S. Ogden! Where are you at? I am glad we can keep in touch blogging now! I am totally obsessed with it:)
Post a Comment