Yesterday I was cleaning my kitchen floors and Bentley kept walking on them and getting his little feet prints all over, so I told him to go upstairs and get ready for his nap. So he crawls up the stairs and I finish up the floor and walk up the stairs and into the bathroom and THIS is what I see!! I said, "BENTLEY! What are you doing?!" Benny: "I Paw-E" meaning potty :) First of all, he just barely learned this word and what it meant this week and he just barElY turned two, so I haven't even thOuGht about potty training! He has never shown any kind of interest at all! So now what do I do??.. The rest of the day I tried to get him to tell me if he had to go potty..but he didn't?..Hmm..I don't know what this means! I guess I will just follow his lead. At least he thinks it is "cool" to go on the potty. (nothing came out by the way!) Maybe this was a one time deal..or maybe he will start wanting to go on the potty?..who knows!.. A potty trained two year old would be nice when the baby comes..Ü
7.24.2008
Potty?...
Yesterday I was cleaning my kitchen floors and Bentley kept walking on them and getting his little feet prints all over, so I told him to go upstairs and get ready for his nap. So he crawls up the stairs and I finish up the floor and walk up the stairs and into the bathroom and THIS is what I see!! I said, "BENTLEY! What are you doing?!" Benny: "I Paw-E" meaning potty :) First of all, he just barely learned this word and what it meant this week and he just barElY turned two, so I haven't even thOuGht about potty training! He has never shown any kind of interest at all! So now what do I do??.. The rest of the day I tried to get him to tell me if he had to go potty..but he didn't?..Hmm..I don't know what this means! I guess I will just follow his lead. At least he thinks it is "cool" to go on the potty. (nothing came out by the way!) Maybe this was a one time deal..or maybe he will start wanting to go on the potty?..who knows!.. A potty trained two year old would be nice when the baby comes..Ü
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
What a fun suprise! It would be nice to only have one in diapers when the baby comes! When are you due again?
That is so funny. I have no clue what it means, cause sometimes Jack will talk about the potty, but when I actually try to get him to go he never does. But I have always heard that when they start to talk about it then they could be ready. I guess you could always try and if it doesn't work then don't get frustrated and try again later. It would be nice to only have one in diapers. Cause I swear diapers are get so expensive:( Good Luck
Can I just say- if Bentley potty trains himself, I will SCREAM (and not for joy)!! We've been working on it since Coop turned 2...He turns 3 next week! Do you rent him out? He could come teach my potty illiterate child a thing or two..#2 that is...sorry! Potty mouth talkin' :)
OH my gosh he is just way too cute! I just want to eat him
Boston has only told me once that he needed to go to the bathroom. Maybe I wasn't excited enough because he hasn't done it since. But every time he sits and tries he gets some M&Ms. All I really know about potty training is that you are never supposed to force them or scold them. Good luck if you're planning on starting the training! I was hoping to get Bos trained before this little girl comes, but it's not looking too great!
HOw flippen awesome! I'll hope for the best! :) Sorry, I know I haven't posted...this week has been seriously crazy! I'll either post about it tomorrow or call you: today i met some of the parents of my students and one lady said, "What are you like 10 or something?" Yeah, funny! Talk to you soon!
Yes that would be awesome if he would just go in the potty now without any help to get him potty trained =) This has been such a fun summer for us. We still need to get together and hang out. In the next couple weeks ill call you and we can plan something!
Hot DANG! That sure would be nice if he just eased into it all on his own! Then we would definitely be sending Jakie your way in a about a year to have the Benster teach him a thing or two....
Oh my heck Megan! I found you on Michelle's blog and was so excited! I can't believe how cute your little family is! Send me your email address at supersnuzyq@hotmail.com when you have a chance so I can send you an invite to our blog. I miss you! :)
I've always heard that you can't potty train a little boy until he's ready so thats a good start! It was fun to see you I feel bad I was in a bad mood and saw you and tried to act happy so you wouldn't think I was a brat!
This is so funny...Brogan did the same thing. Kept saying potty, and wanting to go on the big potty (this was a few months before he even turned two). Anyway we got him a little Elmo seat that he can sit on the "big potty". We are still working on it, but he goes in his potty at least once a day...sometimes a few times a day....and has even done some away games (you know other toilets - even one in a restaurant). I just figured if he was interested I would give it a try. It is much less frustrating this way....he isn't even 2 1/2 yet...so no pressure. Good luck! Potty training is such a necessary evil.
Do it!! If he is interested don't let the chance get away from you!!! Besides you don't want 2 babies in diapers!!! Love ya babe!
Post a Comment