2.16.2011
Jace turned 2!
On November 16th, my baby turned 2. We decided to have a low key dinner at our house with just our little family. We invited the grandma's as well. I made Jace's favorite foods for dinner; homemade chicken nuggets (which I should make more often, they are way healthier and yummier than the fast food joints we hit up when we are on the run, and the kids liked 'em better!) some fresh green beans, an orange sherbet slush and grandma Whitear brought Jace's favorite breadsticks. I also made the chocolate cake we make for every occassion. The recipe has been passed down in Dallin's family for years and it's definitly a favorite of ours. I tried to be creative and bought two Buzz Lightyear Spaceship cake molds to go along with his 'Buzz Birthday' It said one cake mix for two pans. So I listened to the instructions instead of my common sense and filled them up with the cake batter. It seemed like way too much batter in each pan...Within 15 minutes of baking they were bubbling all over the oven and his Buzz cake was ruined. :( Dallin was awesome and whipped up a whole new cake, which isn't fast since it's from scratch! He put it in a normal cake pan this time and it turned out great. We just threw his Buzz candles on top and he liked it just the same!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment