Like all moms, I love my two, sweet little boys more than words can describe. It gives me an idea of how much Heavenly Father loves ALL his children...But that's a whole other post...
ANYWAYS...
My little Bentley had been wanting a 'Batman/Spiderman' Birthday Party. I started thinking of some simple ideas..It seemed pretty easy; there's super hero stuff everywhere! But 2 weeks before his birthday, he went up to Grandma and Grandpa Whitear's house to watch Daddy shoot his bow. He noticed that some of his six year old cousins had bows and he was dying to give it a try. His sweet, Aunt Ayrion taught him how to put the arrow in, pull it back, aim for the target and let it go! He was hooked. That whole night he yelled, "Mommy, I want a bow! Can I have a bow burfday?!" Of course Dallin liked that idea, so a 'Bow Birthday' is what we gave him. I thought maybe it could be a 'Robin Hood' theme..but there was seriously not ONE thing at ANY store that had to do with Robin Hood or archery. I made do. It was pretty simple, but he absolutely LOVED it.
He also got a hummer that pulls a trailer from the Schillers, a camo shirt from the Myers family, playdough, and an iron man mask from the nieghbors, some small iron mans with a motorcycle from the Gibsons, a scooter from Grandma Michelle and a BOW and ARROWS (with flat tips) from us.
SPOILED.

4 comments:
Such a fun birthday. I love it! I can't believe our boys are 4 either. Didn't we just have them??? Crazy. They just grow up way too fast.
Oh, and love love the little knap sacks to take home treats. So clever!
what a fun party!
4!? oh my!
Bentley looks so cute shooting his bow!
You are the cutest Mom! What a fun party! I know what you mean about time going by so fast! It is so crazy how it flies and they get so big! It freaks me out all the time! I try so hard to live in the moment and soak it all up because I know it will be gone before I know it! Your boys are so cute and you are beautiful! I sent you an invite to my blog so you can read it! :)
Such a great idea Meg! Such a cute mommy!
Post a Comment