2.09.2010

Disneyworld

Bentley and I were able to go on a date to Disneyworld at the end of January with some family. It's kind of a long story about how it all fell into place, but I am so grateful it did, we had SOO MUCH FUN! It was some much needed mommy and Bentley time.



We had a really long day of flying..but we kept ourselves entertained.





We flew in on a Thursday night to Orlando..


And hit up Magic Kingdom first thing Friday morning!



Waiting in line for Dumbo...

One of Bentley's favorite rides... 'the horses'



Buzz Light Year!









I was a heathen. You can't go to Disney without getting a turkey leg!






We loved the teacups!





Another favorite was of course the race cars... He told me "I am taking you somewhere mommy."



Toon Town was the cutest. Here we are checkin out what Minnie has in her fridge.



And what Mickey has in his garage..






The next day we headed over to Animal Kingdom.


The Tree of Life. The whole tree is sculptures of animals. Pretty awesome!


We saw some large, nasty bats.

Some beautiful tigers..



Took a minute to play the African drums..



Took an African Safari..





And of course had a loli pop as big as our head.


This doesn't even cover half the fun we had or the animals we saw..but who wants to take pictures when your cramming a weeks worth of fun in TWO days?!



Then we headed back to Magic Kingdom to watch the light parade..






This boy is obsessed with swords








What a magical weekend. I LOOOOVE Disneyworld and I am so glad I could share it with Bentley!!

.

.

.

Although we did have an absolute amazing time..we did have a few mishaps..



*Bentley had a few fits..
Which one time caused me to put him in time out in the Happiest Place on Earth over a damn light sword.



*I lost my credit card at the light parade.


*I discovered I lost it as we were packing up to leave and was so ticked I forgot to grab my camera battery charger.


*Orange Juice leaked in Bentley's backpack where I was keeping my phone- which then decided to quit working for the day.

*We had to take the emergency exit out of two rides because Bentley was screaming like a crazy mad man to get out of those 'scarry rides' (A Bugs Life and Stitch's Great Escape)


But other than that- MAGICAL.

11 comments:

trudy...{and jamo} said...

how fun! that is so cool just you and Bentley went.
dang, your credit card? and phone? uh.

Cuties on Top said...

How fun!! Just seeing your pictures brought back memories of going to disneyworld and disneyland! It is the best! It looks like you had a blast!!!

Heidi said...

Looks like so much fun. I can't wait till I can take my girls there!! They will love it.

threeboysandalady@blogspot.com said...

Admittedly I teared up just a second reading this. That is so neat the two of you could do that together...I bet he will never forget it! What a magical mommy!

The Coach and his Wife said...

I am jealous, I LOVE LOVE LOVE Disneyworld, it will be a while before I will get back there! The fits were hilarious, you cant go to dinseyworld without a few meltdowns!

ashley marie said...

hahahaha you are so funny -- I wish Boston and I could have gone with you!!!!

Amanda&Brady said...

he's so cute

{amy k.} said...

oh yay! so glad i found your blog! looks like lots of fun! Love the picture with the giant lolly pop- super cute!

Our Fun Times said...

Okay, so Bugs life nearly killed off Millie too! And I think Dallin's language is rubbing off on you too much, stupid light sword huh...funny girl. I guess Disney trips can't always be perfectly happy huh, but still the funnest time love ya

Craig and Sharelle said...

Oh, Meagan! You do realize we live like 20 minutes away from Disney? I wish I could have seen you while you were out. Not that I was ever on the ball enough to get together with you before we moved... but better late than never! I know you were probably WAY too busy anyway--but don't forget the next time around!

Glad you had a good time. Too bad about your card, charger and phone. It's funny for the rest of us reading about it, though! :)

Shaylynn... a girl, a story, a blog said...

Oh Megan, you are ridiculously beautiful! Bentley of course is as so cute. What a fun adventure for the two of you to have together, what a precious memory. A Bugs Life totally would have scared the crap out of me too.. kinda like It's A Small World.