Jace has had a rough month; flu, ear infection which I gave him amoxicillin for. On his NINTH day of taking the antibiodic, he broke out in little red dots all over his body which turned into dry red itchy patches covering his poor little body. Yes-allergic to penicillin. He was so miserable, couldn't sleep which meant, we were miserable and couldn't sleep. In an attempt to make him feel more comfortable, I went to the store to find some itch cream and some lotion that would be better for sensitive skin because his skin was so dry that the lotion I normally use was stinging his skin. I went to the baby section at Wal-Mart and saw the Aveeno Baby Lotion for Sensitive Skin and it said something about 'relief' so I grabbed it but then noticed it was nearly $7.00. SEVEN DOLLARS for an 8 oz. bottle of baby lotion. I put it back and went to grab some cortizone cream and some extra Benadryl. At the last minute I decided to grab the lotion so I could apply it in between applying the cortizone cream. I was desperate to try everything, he was crying non stop.
So..We have been doing this routine for about 3 days now. Yesterday, the rash started clearing up but his skin is just unbelievably dry, so I applied more of the Aveeno lotion. and more. and more. TODAY- his skin is even more dry and scaley. Dallin went to put more lotion on him and read the bottle probably thinking, "this stuff is crap" Then I hear, "Megs, this is BODY WASH"
In my defense, it looks and feels like lotion and the Aveeno lotion & body wash bottles look EXACTLY alike. They need to fix that. Johnson & Johnson's lotion and body wash look completely different, so idiots like me don't mistake them.
Anyways, I have been drying out Jace's skin more and more everyday. Lovely, huh? My poor baby cried and cried when Dallin put REAL lotion on him. I bet his skin was just burning so bad. You can bet I was feeling horrible.
Sincerely,
Mother of the Year.
7 comments:
Oh your poor little guy! That is just so sad. Hey I left my razor out and Jayston tried to shave his chin and was covered in blood. So I think I get Mother of the Year
They do look exactly the same! And you really are a great mom! The rest of us make the mistakes that are too bad to even write about on the blog...
Gotta love being a mom!! we have had a rough month too. and I now I know why they say kids are so expensive! You aren't a bad mother, and I know the feeling of trying everything and nothing works! Its rough! Hopefully you get some sleep soon!
And you really are the mother of the year, anybody that can handle a sick child for more than a day and one night is a mother of the year!
Gotta love being a mom!! we have had a rough month too. and I now I know why they say kids are so expensive! You aren't a bad mother, and I know the feeling of trying everything and nothing works! Its rough! Hopefully you get some sleep soon!
And you really are the mother of the year, anybody that can handle a sick child for more than a day and one night is a mother of the year!
i'm sorry but that post made me laugh!!! just cus i have totally done that before!!! that exact same thing! i'm glad to hear i'm not the only one. sorry your sweet baby is sick. that is never fun :( hang in there.
p.s.
your family picture is gorgeous! you have the cutest family! you are so freaking beautiful! i'm so jealous!
that is sooooooo sad. don't feel bad meg! you are a great momma!
Oh you poor thing!!! It never helps to hear that you are making things worse when all you were trying to do was make it better!! Hang in there!!
Post a Comment