Freedom of Choice Act
I had vaguely heard of this. It really breaks my heart and makes me so angry. I saw this on my friend Trudy's blog and wanted to pass it on in hopes you will sign this petition!!
Abortion supporters are still really ticked off about Roe vs. Wade and are on a tangent. Hillary and Obama reintroduced this in April 2007. If FOCA passed it would be abortion on demand. It will supersede all other laws especially those that the Supreme Court has held to be constitutional under Roe vs. Wade. It will make it a fundamental right to have an abortion like our right to vote, (but that one isn't in the constitution) and TAXPAYERS will pay for it. You know that Stimulus package. Well he allocated MILLIONS to Planned Parenthood. So even though the majority of Americans find this appalling, they will fund abortions. And no parental consent is needed, no waiting period. Excuse me, you can kill your baby, but you can't kill another person with a gun that you have to wait for? And what is most appalling is the partial birth abortions. Also babies that survive botched abortions are to be put in a room and left there to die. So it takes an infant 14 days 14 days to starve to death. Are we China???? I am almost hoping for a pandemic before this starts. Mother Teresa said that (paraphrasing) "how can a country have peace when the citizens are so willing to kill their own children." I think I remember Obama saying something about changing the National Anthem to "I'd like to teach the World to Sing" That's a pretty peaceful song. He is such a hypocrite."
You can do something. sign the petitionhttp://www.fightfoca.com/{it takes 2 seconds!}
7 comments:
Thats sad.. I work in a pharmacy and makes me so mad when girls come in from the abortion clincs I'm not very nice to them :) It's hard for me not to judge.
This makes me sick! I totally signed it!On a happier note, I'm so excited for you guys to visit! Soooooo excited! So Jace is so cute and big! His little nose is a cute Megan nose! I love that cute little guy! Miss ya!
I'm signing for sure! i am so glad you posted about this! It's horrible that they would allow this!
I have very strong feelings against abortion. I already signed the petition. I think it is disgusting especially partial birth abortion. If you do not want your child you should be required to carry and put the child up for adoption. I know there are some cases such as rape and incest that that may be necessary or required, but for the most part it is due to selfishness. Thank you for discussing this topic. We need to educate the public on things such as this. Especially if are tax dollars are supporting somthing that we ourselves do not support or believe in. It's sad that this is happening and is allowed. As you said you can not shoot someone at gun point, but you can literally suck another human from your body. Disgusting!
Hey Meg,
I don't think you need to lose 20 pounds, you should probably gain weight miss skinny. I am still trying to decide what I am going to do, for exercise. I have been running for about a week, but I am so out of shape it is hard, so I am trying to get myself conditionded again for it. As for eating I am in need of help in that area, I have a hard time thinking of super healthy foods. So anything you can help me with please feel free to share. I am going to walk, run and lift weights for now, hopefully I will be able to attend some type of aerobics class. but for now we are way too busy for that!
Anyway good luck, and I want to know what your awards are?
Collette
I am against abortion as well. However, you should be aware that Roe v. Wade (decided in 1973 by the U.S. Supreme Court) is the decision that legalized abortion in the United States. Conservative politicians and Judges have been trying to undo the legal effect of Roe v. Wade for the last 36 years. Roe v. Wade is what abortion supporters rally around.
Thank you for the info. I copied the statement from my friends blog, but should have reworded some of it. Meaning, I know that PRO LIFE is ANTI ROE. But recently the Supreme Court voted to uphold the Federal Abortion Ban, and in doing so underminded Roe v. Wade-which is why abortion supporters are ticked. But I'm sure with Barack as our President, we can count on that changing soon with him trying so hard to pass FOCA. So, thank you for letting me correct myself. Can I ask how you found my blog?
Post a Comment