2.04.2009

CrAzY??...MaYbE..


-Bentley at 3 1/2 mo. old-
The last couple weeks of my life have been really crazy. My sweet grandma whom I was EXTREMLY close with passed away very unexpectedly. It's been a rough couple of weeks to say the least. A rough year might be a better word. My sister who was just out here a couple weeks ago flew back out to be here for everything. The last time she was out here she and my mom decided she would buy one of my dad's old cars which was a hummer and the plan was for my mom to drive it half way and fly back when it warmed up and my sister to fly half way and drive it back..well they figured since she was here and we needed to take our minds off everything, they would drive it all the way to florida now and my mom would fly back. Well, I didn't want to miss anything so I decided to go.. with my TWO KIDS!...yes...i know...crazy!

Wyoming..sun's not even out yet! We got an early start!



It was actually a wonderful drive that did turn out to be very theraputic. The kids did VERY good considering they were cooped up in a car for 12 hours a day!! (Thank goodness for portable DVD players!!) We covered NINE states in THREE days!!..We left Utah entering Wyoming, Nebraska, Kansas, Missouri, Illinois, Kentucky, Georgia and into FLORIDA!! I didn't charge my camera before I left so I snapped a picture and it died. I will post the pictures my sister took as soon as she sends them to me! When we got to Florida, we RELAXED, went to the park, Daytona Beach, and it was already time to come back home. It was a very nice trip that distracted us all from reality.



I will post more pics later..

CORRECTION: TEN states! I forgot Tennessee!

7 comments:

Chris and Ashlee said...

So sorry about your loss. My grandma died a month and a half ago. Death is always a hard thing to go through. Oh, and we once drove to South Dakota and I remember how horrible it was (especially throught Nebraska) At least your end destination was Florida!

The Gibson's said...

All i can say is I love you. and I have been very impressed waching you go through these trials you are a strong woman. I think you are stronger than you think.

Trinity said...

I am sorry for your loss. That is hard. You should have tried my camera trick. Take out the battery, re-insert battery, turn on and snap and shoot.

Courtney Allphin said...

I CANNOT believe that you took your two kids on the trip! That is awesome that they were so good though, and you got to spend all that time with your sis and mom. By the way Tay and I would love to take your darling boys pictures, we need the practice!! I'm coming up in a couple weeks so I'll call you.

Sheena said...

So sorry for your loss. Even when family can drive you crazy at times.. it is amazing how in time of need the best remedy is being together. Not to mention the comfort of knowing that you will get to be with her again someday. How fun to go on a road trip with the girls ( and two little men of course :) ) all the way to Florida! I bet you guys got to see some great sites!

ashley marie said...

Park City. how close is that to you? you'll have to give you your number. email me at jaholloway1124@gmail.com -- I'd love to see you guys!!

bRanDoN and TheReSa said...

I am so so sorry about your grandmother!!! that is awful but it was probably good for ya to get away!! Hope your doing okay friend