8.11.2008

Benny's "Big Boy" Room


It's done!..aLmOsT.. I still have a few things I want to get, but they can wait. :) The work was worth it. I really wish I would have taken a 'before' picture, but his room before just had white walls and old carpet. The room he is currently in (which will be the baby's room) had the carpet replaced right before we moved in. So we just put the same carpet in the NeW room. We also painted the walls in a two tone of a color called "khaki" and "barnwood". It looks pretty good! We originally planned on painting the whole room the darker barnwood color, but once we tryed it on the wall, it would have been WaY tOo dark..so we went and picked up another lighter color that looks really good with it. Dallin and I were disasterous with the painting! We both spilled a half gallon of paint each! Good thing the carpet was going, so we just cut the spilled paint right out..easy enough. But the best part is, Bentley really seems to like his new room! Especially the truck sheets! I haven't had him sleep in there yet..the bed just seems soo big for him, but I will get brave soon and put him in there. I am just glad it is all ready and I don't need to stress about it anymore. I know the baby will come sooner that I think, so we have been trying to get the little things done. But today, I put him in his toddler bed for a nap and thirty minutes later I went up to check on him and he was playing quietly in his new room!..little stinker.. :) But I think he will transition just fine. It really is harder for ME. I am kind of sad to see him leave his room behind and move up to a "Big kid" room and bed.. He should still be my baby :) Time flies..







Gotta show off his "artwork" :) He is so proud of it, he says, "WoOk! my ChOo chOO!"

16 comments:

Josh and Nikki said...

You guys did good job. I'm sure he will love it!

Daniel and Kelsie Frandsen said...

His room is very cute!!! Paint makes the biggest difference i love the red head and foot board thats darling!! It sounds like he already loves it thats so great!!

ashley marie said...

his room looks good! I feel ya on the moving them to a 'big boy' bed. Boston is still in his crib and I'm TOTALLY putting off moving him into an actual bed. I'm worried that once I move him he'll be running around doing who knows what, while I'm sleeping, totally dead to the world. Good luck with the transition!

Brooke said...

love the red bed! totally what I want for little bill. I want it old skool though I think. I have been lurking consignment shops! so yea! for playing friday! happy sumo yum!

Linds Forrest said...

That room looks AWESOME!!! You did a wonderful job. And that is so cute how you framed some of his coloring, cute idea! I hope you are feeling well and fetus is growing fine! :)

Adam and Brittany said...

Good Job!! It looks so cute. Love the colors of the wall. I like the framed art work...that's so sweet! He will always be your little baby, no matter how old he is. Aric, Adam's little brother, still refers to himself as the baby boy =)

The Coach and his Wife said...

Bentleys room is so cute! I love the trucks, he is all boy isnt he! But my favorite part was the artwork, that was perfect!

The Rees' said...

awh Meg! Precious! i love the new room! You and Kylee should pick and a day and come help me turn my house upside down. The whole "daily project" starting business drives me slightly bananas. its about time I finish one before moving onto the next one! SO SO cute though! and the "ChoO ChoO" is way too stinkin cute! P.S. check your text lady! Its about Sept 5th! OxMi

aLeXis said...

So cute Megan! I love it. You guys did such a good job. It is so hard to have them get a big boy bed and a big boy room. He will always be your baby, but believe me he will seem so much bigger when this little baby gets here. Plus they love it! Growing up! The room is darling!!

Mark and Hillari Cragun said...

Looks Good Megan You did a great job just like always.

Hillari

Our Fun Times said...

Megz, it is so cute! for real, when I get a house will you come and decorate it for me! Seriously, I need your expert skills! I'm not kidding! i love it! And the Nesquick thing is the best, the sweet tooth...it is definately genetic from you and Dallin!

Jenn said...

You guys should be interior decorators! Bentley's room looks adorable! Its Jenn Schiller saying Hi, I finally got a blog started after I decided that I'm about the only person left that doesn't have one! I found yours through chad and maresa's. Our address is jennandbryschiller@blogspot.com We need to keep in touch and get together with the little guys more often!

Emily & Eric said...

What a cute room!
It was nice to meet you at the BBQ the other night. We need to have another get together will all the friends.

The Gibson's said...

k you have way too many friends. You have 6 comments to one of mine. I love his room and it's even better in person. thanks for hanging with me yesterday it was so much fun

The Morgans said...

Megan I was at Hobby Lobby yesterday and they have some wooden painted old trucks I bought some for Q's room if you want to add they are 1/2 price and really cute. LOve the room it looks great! We have those same sheets!!!!

Ayrion said...

K- not fair....you are the best decorator I know! You know I am just the best copy-cat ever so don't be suprised if you come to my house and things look like your house...Yeah I'm not very creative, but thanks for all your tips and help with my house! Definitely love you girl!