7.07.2008

Fly Fishing!

So Dallin had this past week off and he took me fly fishing! Last year, he got me everything I need to be a flyfisherWOMAN. :) Dallin LOVES flyfishing and asked if I wanted to try it..I said "Sure" so what does he do?..He goes out and buys EVERYTHING for me! I'm thinking.."umm..what if I don't like this???..." He took me a couple times last year, but I never caught anything.. This was my first time this year and casting seems to come really natural for me. Dallin says that isn't normal and casting takes a long time to perfect..so I am pretty happy! I caught my first fish! and a couple more after that!..I had a really, really big one on, but I got so excited that I pulled the line tight and he got off..I learned that your suppose to let them play with it and wear the fish out before you can reel it in...oops.. Bentley hung out with daddy in a kid backpack..It was pretty fun for him, he really liked to see the fish up close and personal and watch them swim back into the water. It was a really fun family outing! I am glad that Dallin and I have a hobby to do together. :)

Dallin took this short little clip on his phone without me knowing..but it is the only "picture" of our fishing trip..I had dead batteries in my camera. :(

10 comments:

Brooke said...

how fun! I bet the peace and quite is soooooo nice! :) ps I ordered a test print of one of your family pics in a specialty paper..metallic! its soooo cool! I will have to shoe it to you before you order anything

The Gibson's said...

k I love that you are good at fishing I think if I tried I would look like i did catching the balloons hehe.

mike and elise said...

Oh my gosh, I am so impressed with that video! I've fly-fished before, and it's not easy! You are awesome. See ya tomorrow!

The Brandt Family said...

NICE!! You are quite the fisherwoman-I am impressed! You guys will have to come up and show off your skills and teach me and adam a thing or two (like how not to get taken away by te river)....

Josh and Nikki said...

Look at you go... I would be so terrible at that. Its so cute on the video listening to how happy and proud Dallin is watching you!

Our Fun Times said...

I love it Megz!!! Atta Kid!!!! I'm proud of you...for real, I never even learned how to fly fish! how fun! Love ya sis and I'll see you this weekend! :)

The Ralls said...

Thank you so much for your sweet comment. I read that you recently went through a loss and I'm sorry for that also. Why haven't we met? We should fix that right??? ha ha. Anyway, thanks again.

Skyler and Katie said...

Megan you are nice I'm sure you can't even tell you are pregnant you are so skinny. I have a nice flabby belly that I can't seem to get rid of. I'm really sorry about your dad, I just feel so terrible you had to go through that. Hang in there.

Galbfam said...

Hey girl!What a fun hobby. Its like my hubby when I told him I was kinda interested in golf he went out a bought me everything! Ha sweet hubbys.. Good to talk to you the other day. Your adorable!!

Dallin and Megan Dyer said...

ok, so this is a random post... I was trying to go to my blog, dallinandmegandyer.blogspot.com and forgot the Dyer and came to yours. Anyway, I thought you should know there is another Dallin and Megan out there! I thought it was pretty cool!